Senior Questions

Senior Questions

Seniors were asked to answer some survey questions reflecting on their time here at Preble. Here are their responses:  

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Brody Wolfe: Paying back my debt, or hopefully living with my wife and kids.

Salma Fuentes: Living in a house with a bird, snake, and a dog. Working in real estate.

Abbey Mommaerts: I see myself with a house, a stable job in the branch of psychology, and with a significant other.

Cassidy Pigeon: I hope to have a family. I hope to have a job as a Medical Technologist in a fertility clinic.

Nick Becker: Working a well-paying job with a happy wife and kids.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? 

Janny Robertson: Be yourself and don’t worry about what others think of you. Always give it your best, because that is all you can do and that is all that anyone can ask of you. Give it your all and don’t stress over the small things. Get involved!

Nick Becker: Take a part in everything in high school and try to get your feet in as many doors possible. You only have four years.

Anonymous: Do your school work!

Anonymous: Enjoy your four years, they go by faster than you think, and although you might not like high school right now, you might regret not studying for a class later, so just do it. Doing well in a class won’t hurt you.

Cassidy Pigeon: The first week will be overwhelming but after you will get into a routine. Get involved because those are the times that you are going to remember.

What is the most creative excuse you’ve ever used to get out of an assignment?

Brody Wolfe: I accidentally lit my homework on fire.

Salma Fuentes: My bird had to be taken to the vet for an emergency.

Raven Martinez: I’ve never used a “creative excuse” for an assignment besides, “I don’t know why it wasn’t turned in because I did it.” But virtually when I didn’t sign in to class, I emailed my teacher and told her I was trying that whole hour and my internet was down.

Anonymous: COVID.

Nick Becker: Breaking my hand… twice.

What has been the highlight of your senior year?

Janny Robertson: Being on the varsity soccer team and Center Stage Show Choir being named as Grand Champs at the Southwest competition.

Oscar Garza Rodriguez: My growth in learning and how much I’ve improved!

Jeanna Mattila: Watching all my friends as freshmen grow and watching myself grow.

Cassidy Pigeon: Adam Sandler day for spring fling and spirit week for Homecoming.

Abbey Mommaerts: Definitely color guard and Academic Decathlon nationals.

Anonymous: Senior Ball.

Anonymous: Graduating with high honors.

Brody Wolfe: Doing the worm.

During your time at Preble, what teacher or class did you enjoy the most and why?

Salma Fuentes: Mr. Schwedrsky and his AVID class. He was the sweetest teacher ever.

Abbey Mommaerts: I enjoyed Drawing/Painting 1+2 with Mrs. Gerondale. It was a peaceful experience as she is open to anyone coming in for time during the day.

Cassidy Pigeon: Mrs. Herzog because she is the most kind-hearted and genuine person that I have ever met. She puts her students first and really takes the time to get to know them. The atmosphere in her room is always welcoming and fun. She is the teacher that I will remember forever.

Anonymous: One class that I really enjoyed was Biotechnology with Mr. Hansel. I had never had a class that peaked my interest the way this class did.

Jeanna Mattila: I have three. Mrs. Wanta because she has always been there to listen to me, and I like her sense of humor. She’s an amazing teacher. Mrs. Valentine because she made class really fun, and she’s also an amazing teacher. Mr. Buck because he also made his class fun, and I like his sense of humor.

Nate Guzman: I like that I chose to take woods class.

Anonymous: Mrs. Herzog for sure would be my favorite teacher. She is so hard working to make sure that we have everything that we need to succeed.

Oscar Garza Rodriguez: Mr. Buck’s class and gym class were my favorites. I enjoyed these two classes because it really helped me mature in my life style and learn how to become healthier. I recommend Mr. Buck’s Career Communications class. It’s a really interesting class that helps you write essays, complete sentence, and even make a future job portfolio. For gym, I took Strength Training, and it helped me get stronger.

Raven Martinez: I enjoyed Mr. Bartel (Earth and Space Science) and Mrs. Wanta (Advisory) because they are fun.

Nick Becker: Senior Gym because I had a ton of my friends in it.

Brody Wolfe: Any AVID class and Ms. Nieman (Mrs. Herzog) because she is just an all around happy and joyful teacher to have.

Janny Robertson: All the teachers were great, but if I had to choose one it would be Ms. Demeuse. She is good at explaining things and she makes the class super fun. Everyday in her class (Spanish 2) everyone would end up laughing at some point. You can’t help but smile in her class.