New Quarantine Policy

School desk and chairs in empty modern classroom. Empty class room with white board and projector in elementary school. Primary classroom with smartboard and alphabet on wall.

Stefany Rios, Author

Covid QuarantineOn January 18th, 2022 the Green Bay School District sent out an email to families, which stated that the policy regarding the quarantine protocols had been reviewed and had some changes made to them. The email will be linked here for additional information. Some of the new changes to the protocols go as follows: for unvaccinated students and staff members, the quarantine for asymptomatic individuals has decreased from 20 days to 15 days with the return to school happening on the 16th day of quarantine. However, a PCR/NAAT or antigen test can be taken on Day 10, if the results come back negative then students/staff can return to school. In regards to extracurricular activities, the email stated “if a co-curricular activity has 5 participants or 20% of participants (whichever is greater), the activity will go into quarantine. Students and staff who are fully vaccinated and asymptomatic will be able to test out of quarantine with a lab rapid/NAAT or PCR test and return to school and co-curricular participation.” If a fully vaccinated student tests positive then they must be isolated for five days, if no symptoms are reported then the student may return to school on the sixth day. Days seven through ten a well-fitting mask must be worn. If a fully vaccinated student tests positive and has symptoms they are to stay home and isolate, if after the five days the symptoms have resolved then the student can return to school on the sixth day and continue to wear a well-fitting mask. If the student’s symptoms aren’t resolved on day six then they must remain in isolation for the remainder of the 10 day quarantine period and return to school on Day 11. The school district has made these protocols in accordance with the CDC guidelines.